- 350 acre rental facility for retreats and groups in a quiet, secluded setting. Utilizing 210 acres of nature preserve, forests, meadows, private lake, wetlands, and miles of nature trails.
- Outdoor areas for ceremonies, bonfires, sports, hiking, fishing, swimming and boating. Comfortable lodging for 1 to 100 people - intimate cabins and large family style housing.
- Customized home cooked meals for groups over 30 people, with considerations for all dietary needs, including vegan, vegetarian, raw vegan, gluten free, and more.
- Meeting spaces for groups of 20 to 100 are easily accomdated.
- Kitchens in all cabins for those wishing to cook for themselves are fully stocked with pots, pans, dinner ware, and utensils!
- Eagala Equine Experience - facilitated interaction experience with horses (schedule in advance, groups only)
- We will work with you!
Meeting Space -- We have facilities accommodating small groups as well as large gatherings. Our main meeting hall has seating for 150 people and is fully equipped with a professional kitchen, a stage and bathrooms with showers. See Chadwicke Hall for more details.
Redtail Equine Center
Redtail Equine Center
Ronora is home to Redtail Equine Center, a program specializing in equestrian-human therapy programs. Interactions with the horses promote team-building, communication skills and plenty of fun. To find out more, go to www.RedtailCenter.com
For more photos of the equine program, click here. Want to see photos of the horses at Ronora? Click here.
GROUPS THAT LIKE RONORA
- Spiritual Retreats & Gatherings (All faiths welcome!)
- Personal Growth Retreats
- Schools & Youth Groups
- University Organizations & Departmental Retreats
- Company & Coworkers Retreats
- Business Conferences
- Environmental Groups
- Summer Camp Programs
- Women's or Men's Groups
- LGBTQ organizations
- Yoga & Healthy Living Retreats
- Artist Retreats
- Non-Profit Organizations & Clubs (astronomy, tour cycling, etc.)
- Family Reunions
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Activities at Ronora -- Ronora has miles of nature trails, a private lake, paddleboats, swimming, fishing, horses you can pet, wildlife viewing, bonfires, volleyball, basketball, tennis, swings, fireplaces, amazing food, an indoor/outdoor chapel/meditation space for viewing sunsets through the trees.
Other Activities -- Ronora lies just north of Watervliet, Michigan in the middle of orchards, vineyards, lakes, and woodlands. Our land is a mecca for wildlife lovers and naturalists. Lake Michigan is just 10 miles away. Take an easy drive to Van Buren State Park, which has a public beach, parking, and facilities (May-Sep) on Lake Michigan or Hagar Park which has parking and beachfront access. South Haven and St. Joseph also host a variety of galleries, shops, and restaurants and larger public beaches with amenities. You can canoe the Paw Paw River or launch your motorized boat at the Paw Paw Lake boat ramp, both within a mile of Ronora. There are several farmers' markets, fruit stands, and pick-your-own farms and orchards nearby. Have fun exploring on your own, or tell us what you have in mind, and we'll be happy to offer suggestions. Don't forget that Ronora has miles of trails, the lake, horses, bonfires, and good old-fashioned stargazing right at Ronora away from the city lights.
Ronora Lodge & Retreat Center is on the site of old Camp Watervliet for Girls founded by Dr. Henry Tatter and his wife Velda Jordan Tatter. In 1988 the property was purchased from Dr. Lonnie Myers by three friends who share a love for the land. We have restored the historic buildings and increased the number of acres, preserving this beautiful natural setting. For the health of our guests and the land, we garden organically. All our effort goes to making Ronora Lodge & Retreat Center a place where, in the words of Dr. Tatter, you can still "feel Mother Earth, sense her balance and find your own."